Looking for a perfect start-up name? Here is everything you need to get yourself ahead on the most effective startup name for your business.
How to Create the Most Suitable Startup Name
Online, you will find plenty of start-up name generators that you can use. And they do offer viable company names or tech start-up names that are funny, catchy, and relevant. But are you really going to start your business with a name that is automatically generated?
Remember that a brand name is your business’ cornerstone. It must reflect your company’s vision and mission too. Since name generators have no knowledge of what your business is all about, take the more challenging road.
To jumpstart the creative process of creating the perfect startup name for your company, ask yourself the following questions:
What brand or image do you want to portray?
- Unique and fun
What will be your project statement?
- A simple and cute name for a store that sells handmade wooden toys.
- A sophisticated brand name for a company that sells high-quality sportswear.
- A classy name that reflects a luxurious spa and salon business.
- A compelling name that will highlight a company’s eco-friendly efforts.
From the answers you made, you can then brainstorm ideas. Allow ideas to flow and find ways to get great inspiration from bad ideas. It is by limiting yourself that you stop your creative flow.
Here is a great video on a start up name for your business;
You should also draw inspiration from other existing businesses. Drive around town to look at business names or make a list of successful brands across your industry.
For every name you come up with, map it out in your brain. How would it look like on a logo, product packaging, and business card?
Once you come up with a name, test it for user-friendliness.
- Will your customers have difficulty saying the brand name?
- Will your customers have difficulty remembering the brand name?
- Will they be able to hear it said aloud in a crowded bar and understand what it means?
- Will they be able to spell it without any problem?
- Will they find your brand name appealing?
- Does the name translate well in other languages?
If you answered yes to all these questions, congratulations! You are on the right track. Do make sure you won’t have any legal problems.
Check for trademarks before you secure a website domain or register your business.